Disney Pixar Domino Stars
In August 2015, Countdown bought Kiwi families a modern twist on an iconic toy with the release of the Disney Pixar Domino Stars collectables. Porter Novelli worked with Countdown to create a public relations and community engagement campaign that captured Kiwi hearts and minds.
Disney Pixar Domino Stars bought young and old together to enjoy the simple pleasure of good old-fashioned play. Relationships were established between primary schools and rest homes, with students and residents bonding over a classic game familiar to both generations with Countdown providing dominos and morning tea.
Television presenters on popular children’s programme Sticky TV stacked and played with Disney Pixar Domino Stars live on-air; and children and parents were challenged to send in videos of themselves building domino tracks for the chance to win a Disney Pixar Domino Stars prize pack.
Highlights of the Disney Pixar Domino Stars campaign include:
- A series of community events hosted at eight rest homes, which united young and old
- Over 60 pieces of local and national media coverage
- Over 1,000 video entries to win a Disney Pixar Domino Stars prize pack
- Giveaways in local and national newspapers
- Celebrity influencer Twitter and Facebook posts.
Within the six week campaign, Disney Pixar Domino Stars became the must-have toy in thousands of New Zealand homes.